Whalsay Ferries and Terminal
Following the STAG2 report in May it was advised that the following issues be progressed
- Modelling for the North Voe terminal
- Detailed design for all terminals
- Explore funding mechanics
- Establish lead time for procurement of new vessels
- Consider future role of Whalsay Ferry and Terminal Working Group
On 25th June 2008 Shetland Islands Council approved £250,000 for the next steps in this project including tank testing of a new terminal at North Voe.
The mathematical modelling of performance of the proposal in North Voe is complete and the results were received on 8 September 2008. The Council’s engineers are reviewing the report and progressing matters in relation to physical modelling of the project.
Minute of Infrastructure Meeting 1 September 2009 (13.2 KB)
Report 010909 (117 KB)
Report 010909_Appendix 1 (2.38 MB)
Report 010909_Appendix 2 (1.19 MB)
Report 010909_Appendix 3 (48.5 KB)
Report 010909_Appendix 4 (11.5 KB)
Report 010909_Appendix 5 (59.8 KB)