As of Friday 20 March 2020 ZetTrans and SIC are operating a full network of public transport services. The situation is continuously under review and may be altered to support UK and Scottish Government direction and measures, and/or staff availability.
Current public health advice during this pandemic is that anyone with a new continuous cough and/or a fever should stay at home. Anyone using public transport is asked to observe good hand hygiene, to use tissues to catch any coughs or sneezes and to avoiding touching your face. The latest health guidance is available at: www.nhsinform.scot
Passengers and drivers are asked to pay attention to the following extra measures to protect passengers and staff:
- Where possible please have the exact fare needed for your journey on ferries and buses.
- Use Multi Journey Tickets on ferries– these can be purchased on board ferries and online at www.shetland.gov.uk/ferries/multjourneytickets.asp
- Account Cards on ferries – we may be able to offer this facility and passengers should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- On buses, remember you can use the Shetland Travelcard (available to buy on buses) and contactless payment methods.
- On ferries, drivers and passengers travelling in vehicles remain in their vehicles for the duration of the crossing.
- On ferries, foot passengers may go into the passenger saloon observing the NHS guidance and maintain reasonable separation by using all of the saloon.
- On buses, please sit with as much distance as you can from other passengers on the vehicle.
Our aim is to maintain transport services at normal levels of service as far as possible.
- For Ferries service updates and how to register for these updates can be can be found at https://www.shetland.gov.uk/ferries/ServiceStatusSubscription.asp
- For Bus Services, Ferry Services and inter-island air services service updates visit the Shetland News website and service updates can be seen on the left side of the web page.
- For inter-island air services please check the Airtask Group Inter Islands Air Services Facebook page for up to date information.